ABOUT ALEXA RANK CHECKER BY SMALL SEO TOOLS
Alexa analytics is a free online tool that allows users to check the current position of a website on the Alexa ranking system.
The tool is developed by specialized web engineers who profoundly understand the ins and outs of web analytics and it is thus built to be distinctively reliable. You can trust our webrank checker tool to deliver accurate and easy-to-understand results plucked from Alexa’s web engines.
Alexa Rank Checker by Small SEO Tools can show you the following data:
- Global Rank: The rank of the website that is being analyzed relative to all other websites in the world.
- Reach: How many different people visit the website (as estimated by Alexa based on the number of Alexa Toolbar users they are able to track).
- Country: The country with the highest percentage of visitors.
- Country Rank: The rank of the website in that country.
- Change: How the ranking of the site has either deteriorated or improved.
HOW TO USE ALEXA RANK CHECKER
Check Alexa rank with a well-designed user interface built for simplicity, Alexa Tool is extremely easy to use and it's very intuitive. To use the tool, you will only need to take the following steps:
Step #1: Make sure you are on the Alexa website ranking page ( https://smallseotools.com/alexa-rank-checker), which is most likely where you are now.
Step #2: Enter the URLs that you want to check. You can add up to 5 domain names and our system will check them simultaneously for you in no time at all.
Step #3: Next, click on the “Check” button.
And finally, the tool will show you the Alexa rank results of bulk domain immediately, displaying all the elements mentioned earlier. That's it!
As a tip-off, you're also welcomed to use our other free SEO tools Alexa Rank Comparison Tool.
WHY USE THIS ALEXA RANK CHECKER?
There are a handful of tools to check Alexa site rankings out on the market. Alexa.com even allows you to check websites rankings directly on its site via a dedicated page.
So why then should you use this particular Alexa web rank checker by Small SEO Tools? What is it that makes our tool different and unique from other similar ones out there?
Well, first off it is the fact that our tool is built with the latest, most sophisticated technology necessary for delivering the most accurate results you can trust.
Plus, it is the easiest to use (we've analyzed other tools and none of them makes it this easy).
But not just that: you can check the Alexa Rating in the bulk of multiple websites (up to 5) at one go with our Alexa website rankings checker, for completely FREE.
Typically, you don't get this with most other Alexa Rank checkers out there. You also don't get to analyze multiple websites on the Alexa.com website itself.
Checking the Alexa Rank of multiple sites at the same time allows you to compare and contrast, which goes back to the marketing benefits of website rank checking.
Additionally, we developed this tool using a unique algorithm that carefully analyzes the Alexa site ranking. Our developers have made sure that everything is tested and in order so that we can give you accurate Alexa web rankings
What is Alexa Rank?
If you want to get an idea of how popular a website is, one of the most well-known ways to check for that is to find out the “Alexa Rank” of the website.
Owned by Amazon.com, Alexa is a web analytics company that provides web traffic data and other marketing metrics based on the information it picks up from around the web via various toolbars and web browser extensions.
Although Alexa runs a number of services and has even been involved in some notable projects in the past (like providing a database that served as the basis for the creation of the Wayback Machine), its most noted service or tool is “Alexa Rank.”
ALEXA RANKING FOR MULTIPLE WEBSITES AT ONE GO
Now, “Alexa Ranking” is a metric that ranks websites in the order of their popularity. It is a global ranking system that utilizes web traffic data to create a list of the most popular websites on the Internet in relation to usage.
This list does not contain ALL the domain names in the world, but it does contain millions of them. The only reason a domain name may not be included (usually automatically) in the Alexa Rank list is if it is not popular enough in terms of the number of people visiting or using it.
According to Alexa, this ranking is based on “how well a website [is doing] relative to all other sites on the web over the last 3 months.”
As for how Web Alexa websites, the more popular a website is, the lower it’s ranking. Yes, it is normal! This means that the website that ranks “1” on Alexa is the most visited as opposed to one that ranks at “100,000” for example.
Let's bring this back home:
Our tool, Alexa Rank Checker (by Small SEO Tools) helps you easily check the Alexa Rank of any website on the Internet. We've built the tool to be reliable, which means you can trust it to deliver accurate and understandable results plucked directly from Alexa’s web engines.
We will talk more about Alexa Checker by Small SEO Tools much later, but to help you make the best use of the data our tool presents, let's first see how Alexa Rankings works and why you even need to check it in the first place.
HOW ALEXA RANKING WORKS
According to Alexa.com, “The traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and data obtained from other, diverse traffic data sources, and is a combined measure of page views and users (reach).”
This is to say that the ranking is calculated using a proprietary methodology that combines a site's estimated average of daily unique visitors and its estimated number of pageviews over the past 3 months. Alexa mines its data from millions of users around the web who uses a toolbar provided by the company.
The Alexa toolbar is available through browser extensions on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as through Alexa's website.
For Alexa to be able to get these statistics, users must install the Alexa toolbar on their browser.
Given that it is not EVERY single Internet user (ever) that installs and uses the toolbar, most people tend to not weigh Alexa Rank very heavily. Alexa itself even admits that “Alexa's traffic estimates and ranks are based on the browsing behavior of people in our global data panel which is a sample of all internet users.”
However, the data Alexa provides can help you in most cases to have a “general” idea of how popular a website is, hence the reason it is still considered useful. But then, why check for such data? What do you need it for? Let's discuss that next.
WHY CHECK ALEXA RANK?
As Alexa puts it, you get to know “how well a website is doing relative to all other sites on the web over the last 3 months.” Check Alexa Rank using our free Website Analytics Tool
Here are four key things you can do with the analytic data from Alexa Rank:
- Self Analysis: If you're a blogger or a website owner, it is important to know your site's Alexa Rank because it gives you a clear idea of how popular your website is on the Internet. You can use the data to strategize on the best ways to improve your site's traffic or on the most strategic moves to outclass the competition. And yes, you can regularly check Alexa Web Ranking as a way to keep track of your site's progress, whether that means losing or gaining popularity. Of course, if you notice that it is losing popularity, you can quickly get it fixed and stuff.
- Competitive Analysis: Alexa can serve as a competitive intelligence tool. That means with the data, you can perform a competitive analysis to know the extent of traffic a competing website is attracting. You can even compare and contrast your website with that of major competitors to know how you all stack up against each other in terms of web popularity. Our remarkable tool, Alexa Checker, is simply great for this as it allows you to check the Alexa site info of multiple websites at once.
- Marketing Analysis: If you're an advertiser, Alexa Rating gives you an idea of how popular a website is, so that you know whether or not to target your ads on the site and at what cost. In fact, Alexa website ranking is actually one of the factors that advertisers take into consideration to determine the marketing potential of targeted websites.
- “Who-is-Who” Analysis: Alexa Rank categorizes websites by “Global,” “Country,” and “Category.” With the “Country” and “Category” rankings, you can get to know “who is who” in a particular country or industry per the most visited websites in that country or industry. You also get to see how your website and competing websites rank per country and per category.
Now that you know what to do with the data from Alexa Rank, let's talk about actually checking your Alexa Rank (with Alexa Analytics by Small SEO Tools, of course).